Monday 27 February 2012

An apology in the form of a beauty review! Do you forgive me?



First of all, I can't apologise enough for the hiatus! I've been 3 months without posting, and in those 3 months I have been inundated with university work. I feel like my head may explode. Aaah, third year. I know, as a blogger, this is not a good enough excuse! So my sincerest apologies for any of you out there who feel a little disappointed in me. I'm disappointed in myself! I've been meaning to post this review for a long while now, but keep finding my self distracted by the many things life has been throwing at me recently. So anyway, enough about me. Since last posting, Violet the pug had a minor operation over the festive period, so most of my time has been spent running around after her, fulfilling her every need. Just the way she likes it. There were a few complications (she started rejecting her stitches) so recovery took a little longer than expected. She is completely back on top form now, which is another reason I now have time to do a little bit of extra blogging!



A wonderful PR company that I had the pleasure of interning for in the past sent me over a gorgeous package full of beauty goodies from their clients Boux Avenue and Burt's Bees to review for my blog once they heard that I had started my own. What lovely ladies! So first of all, thank you Fluorescent!


As the winter weather finally set in a few weeks ago, I've found my self using double the amount of moisturiser that I normally do. Those bitter winds have taken their toll on my face, resulting in dry and un happy skin, not good. The first place that always seems to take most of the battering is my lips. I'm definitely a lipstick kind of girl, and after the minus degree wind chills had their way with my lips, it's safe to say that lipstick is no longer an option until I can sort this crisis out! Vaseline is always a safe bet, but I'm not really a fan of the super glossy effect it can give to my lips. So in comes product number one that I've absolutely fallen in love with over recent months, it's Burt's Bees tinted lip balm. Not only does it give a smooth, velvet like texture to tired lips, they also come in great shimmery shades and don't have the wet look effect. They're somewhere in between lip tint and lipstick which, if you ask me, is the perfect combination. These balms are also made from 100% natural ingredients, and also have that amazing fragrance from the beeswax that's used to create them.



I have two shades of Burt's Bees tinted lip balm, one in 'Rose' and the other 'Hibiscus'. Another thing I absolutely love about these little lip balms is the packaging. Bundled up in cute little cardboard tubes, these are absolute treasures. I slightly prefer the 'Hibiscus' shade, only as it's a little more subtle than 'Rose' and I'm desperate not to draw attention to the peeling skin and scaly surface of my damaged lips! Not only are these balms in lovely neutral shades, they have a really nice golden shimmery finish to them, seen in the swatch below ('Hibiscus' above and 'Rose' below.)



I've also been religiously applying the Burt's Bees naturally nourishing Milk & Honey body lotion after showering. Not only is the fragrance a mixture between coconut (even though it only contains a tiny amount of coconut oil it really shines through!) and a milky, creamy aroma, it also does exactly what it says on the tin. A 24 hour moisturisation product indeed! I mainly use it after showering, just before bed. Instead of the whole 'lavender before bed' remedy, I strongly suggest you try this, as it has me sleeping like a baby with uber soft skin all over!



Want to know what Violet's verdict is on her favourite product?

It's Burt's Bees tinted lip balm in 'Rose'! Not only is this product named after her Chihuahua best friend, Violet also suffered from dry skin on her little nose when the cold weather was thrust upon us, so a quick swipe of Burt's Bees lip balm kept her little snout shiny and moisturised! She liked the taste, too...

Much love,
M-x

No comments:

Post a Comment