Tuesday 22 November 2011

Crazy-good Nail Art Special



My best friend Gina treated me to so some new nails & nail art and I am SO happy with them. These gems are courtesy of a friend of a friend, Henna, who previously worked for one the UK's most popular nail art bars. I'm a bit of a newbie when it comes to elaborate nail art. I've always experimented with acrylics and stick ons, but as far as I ever went with design was different coloured tips!

So tonight, experiment is exactly what I did! First off, I feel the need to stress that this was a home visit from Henna, which was also something I've never experienced before. How good does it feel to be pampered in the comfort of your own home? Reminds me of being little and getting my hair cut in the kitchen.
She applied acrylic nails, sorted out my gross cuticles (which was long overdue) and then got down to the art. I had SO many palettes to choose from, such a daunting task, I desperately wanted to pick the right things. It didn't take me long to pick out designs that I had instantly fallen for. I wanted to keep it themed so that it matched and didn't look too all over the place.
I opted for golden metallic leopard print, Cath Kidston-esque floral pattern, and a super detailed aztec print, just to name a few!

So, here they are in all their amazing, shiny, glory...












I love, love, love them. Next up, CHRISTMAS NAILZ!

Much love,
M -x

6 comments:

  1. Lovely blog hun. Looks like you got the design nailed :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous nails! My fave 1 is the aztec design :)
    Now following your blog.

    Georgie <3
    http://thehandbagsnthegladrags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW these are amazing. Some awesome designs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. such lovely nails!
    i love pugs too! and chihuahuas... i saw a pug x chi a while ago it was the most me dog ever!
    nice blog :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
  5. the pink bow is so adorable. i might have to try a few of these myself!

    also, i just wanted to say that i've just discovered your blog and have had a good read through, i really like it! definitely going to be keeping up to date with your posts :)

    from helen @ thelovecatsINC

    http://thelovecatsinc.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete